Still playing catchup, here’s a show recorded back in August. If you’re lucky, the stifling summer heat will come through to warm up your December ears.
It’s a show from back in July. That wasn’t too long ago, was it?
It’s the dorm edition of We Like This Now. We’re kicking it old school thanks to…a hospital? Find out why in this episode.
Happy New Year! This show was recorded way back on Jan 2, 2012, and finally makes it to your ears.
- The LOTRBowl (Not complete.)
- Duckfat Restaurant
- USA.gov: Popular New Year’s Resolutions (So they claim.)
- The Huffington Post’s New Year’s Resolutions That Aren’t Losing Weight
- The Secret Cow Level in Diablo II
- Another Cow Level massacre (Peter’s was more satisfying.)
- Hank Green plays Diablo III
- Calligraphy for the discerning nerd By Ian K., the Greatest Guy in the World
It’s our third show in a row in the same room! It’s also our tenth show, which must be some kinda big deal. Discussions on the flexible nature of the perception of time ensue. As do medusa-intersections, pumpkin-carboys, and fried cereal.
Mentioned this fortnight:
This fortnight, we’re “walking the fine line between maturity, immaturity, and old age”. Supplements, spa treatments, and a good deal of tea are all involved.
Mentioned this fortnight:
Malaysian Teh Tarik (Pulled Tea):
Beer of the Fortnight: Verboten from Weyerbacher, a “Belgian-style Pale Ale”
- Beer music: Verboten @ Love
To review on a future show: Duckfat
We’re in the same room! It’s an all too rare in-person episode of We Like This Now. Savor it.
- SarahKat likes iContact. Or something like that.
- Batman is coming.
- That, or SarahKat has necrotizing fasciitis. Hard to say, says WebMD.
- But SarahKat prefers to read Pregnant Chicken
- Beer of the Fortnight: Thai Tea Wheat Beer from special guest brewers Max Miller and Sean Smith.
- We both love Smitten Kitchen.
- Peter likes tacos from Snack Dragon.
- We both have…mixed feelings about absinthe. But stay away from Absente.
- Peter loves his brother, Dave, who is a great guy, very much.
- And SarahKat loves her brother David. So we’re even.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like the show, subscribe with the links in the sidebar. If you have trouble, email us, because we want to make sure it works.
It’s been a while since our last post. You’ll have to forgive us: Peter’s been moving, and SarahKat’s been getting married. We recorded this show a bit before either event, a good six weeks ago. We’ve already got the next episode in the can, and we’re looking forward to getting back to our regular fortnightly schedule. Until then, sit back, cut yourself a slice of Cherpumple, and listen to the impending doom in our voices in this episode.
- SarahKat likes Cherpumple.
- Peter is moving. SarahKat is getting married. It’s distracting.
- No beer on the show this week, but SarahKat likes Gritty’s.
- SarahKat likes Wizard People, Dear Reader, and how could you not?
- Peter…it’s true…likes Minecraft.
- Peter also likes the worst pickup line ever.
- SarahKat has discovered something fascinating about 13-year-old boys.
- “I’m gonna have Depeche Mode in my head for the rest of the night, but it’s worth it.” — SarahKat
- How can we not both love This Is Why You’re Fat?
- Peter has failed to visit the Chip Shop.
- Music: The Two Man Gentlemen Band – Let’s Make Ourselves a Sandwich
This week we check out a different kind of brew, SarahKat tells the story of her trip to Quebec, and we discover just how addicting Minecraft is.
- Minecraft will eat your life and never let you go.
- Beer of the Fortnight: Brother Adam’s Bragget Honey Ale from The Atlantic Brewing Company
- Beer music: Alex de Grassi and Quique Cruz – Tata Monk
- SarahKat tells the saga of her her students and Quebec.
- Peter likes breakfast (but who doesn’t?)
- And really likes dim sum. Specifically Golden Unicorn.
- But if you can’t get there, SarahKat can vouch for Trader Joe’s Pork Buns.
- Obsidian is hard.
Martha Stewart, labelers, and Superman thongs. It all comes together on this fortnight’s episode.
- “This show has everything, folks!”
- Peter likes fried things.
- Beer of the fortnight: Allagash White
- Beer music: Michael and Spider – White Diamonds
- SarahKat likes ice cream trucks, sometimes.
- Peter and SarahKat both respect zombies.
- Music: Zombie Ninjas – Songs to Wear Pants To
- See also: Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows
- SarahKat thinks Martha Stewart’s advice is strange.
- SarahKat and Peter like labeling things. A lot.
- Peter strongly recommends the Brother P-Touch PT-18R Rechargeable Labeling System. So. Good.
- Next time: Highway to the Danger Zone!
Friends, weddings, dinosaurs, and spam. What more could you ask for in a show?
- SarahKat likes having people get her Chinese food.
- Peter likes moving to Amherst, MA.
- SarahKat likes Triceratopses. Paleontologists be damned.
- Peter likes spam and Magnum PI.
- SarahKat is nervous about her bridal shower.
- Beer of the Fortnight: Session by Full Sail, which contains a special surprise…
- Beer music: F’s Session – Session No. 1
- Peter likes a new drink.
- Peter also likes Burp Castle.
- Music: Rebeka Radna – Isaiah
- Music: Moon Hooch – #9
This week we’ve got beer! Good beer. And good tunes. And a lot of other stuff. We liked a lot this week.
- Beer of the Fortnight: Saison du Buff
- Brewed with the most venerated blend of herbs “Scarborough Fair (ballad) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”).
- Beer music from Anji Bee, courtesy of Music Alley.
- SarahKat likes learning about American history, doesn’t like the state of our nation’s vocabulary.
- Tumblr of the Fortnight: Things Organized Neatly
- SarahKat likes one of her students very much for being helpful.
- Peter likes the Bad Lip Reading of Boom Boom Pow.
- What’s the deal with lighting a match?
- Are women supposed to act differently than men when they’re at home alone?
- Mashup of the Fortnight: Lady Gagarin
In which we discuss weekends, and the technical issues that they inspire. Also, the moon gets really big.
- We Like This Now: with 50% more maracas.
- That means that the moon is close to us.
- SarahKat says the moon affects your mood (but only because you believe it does).
- SarahKat is meme-deficient.
- Peter doesn’t watch a lot of YouTube at work anymore. Such a shame.
- But at least SarahKat knows Teen Girl Squad.
- SarahKat’s writing a blog for her pre-conceived child: Dear Batman.
- SarahKat doesn’t listen to NPR news anymore. It’s too upsetting.
- Peter listens to the 5-minute podcast. Even that’s a but much.
- In other news, “Firefly has been talked about by people who are fans.”
- We like Scrubs (but neither of us have seen season 9).
- SarahKat is intrigued by iCarly.
- Musical interlude: “Cooking by the Book” A Lil' Bigger Mix by Mastgrr
- What’s with all the awesome children’s albums these days?
- Tumblr of the week: F*ck Yeah Headlines
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall made SarahKat want to go to Hawaii.
- “Hopefully next time we’ll have a little more in us”. That’s what she said.
Peter and SarahKat are back, and this time they have day jobs. In this episode, we discover just what this show’s going to be about.